SharePoint designer 2010 is a free tool provided by Microsoft. You can download SharePoint 2010 designer 64 bit version from here.
SharePoint designer 2010 provides no code solution. It provides a very user friendly interface similar to Microsoft office 2010.
What can be done using SharePoint 2010:
- Can design components like lists, data sources, content types, views, forms, workflows, and external content types, without writting any code.
- Personalize pages, page layouts, Web Parts, Web Part Pages, layouts and themes.
- You can create, customize master page and css classes.
- Create and manage lists and document libraries.
- Can design SharePoint 2010 simple workflows, also you can work on import workflows designed from Microsoft Visio 2010.
- Manage content-types and site columns, to model typed lists of contents.
- You can create pages.
- you can also Manage users and groups. You can prevent users from customizing pages, master pages, or page layouts to keep a consistent look and feel across your site.
- Manage files and assets of the target site.
- Also you can communicate with external data sources like business data connectivity services.
- You can import or export Visio process diagrams.
- you can open site, create site by SharePoint designer 2010.
You can also visit some more SharePoint 2010 tutorials here !!!